2 oktober, 2011
Just a foretaste of Christmas, just because it’s the warmest autumn in many years…
And suddenly this became a blog about cute candy… it’s just temporary! Promise!
And here is one Cute Cake blog! Sprinkle Bakes!
What you need:
1.6 cup powdered sugar
0.4 cup water
1 / 2 teaspoon white vinegar
5-15 drops of peppermint oil (depending on brand and your own taste)
70-100 g dark chocolate
1. Mix sugar, water and vinegar in a saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes (when the batter will form a thread when you pour a few drops in a glass of cold water it’s done).
2. Pour into a bowl that can withstand heat and let cool (Note: A little warning to put it out in the snow on the balcony if the bowl does not tolerate extreme heat fluctuations).
3. Mix in peppermint oil.
4. Bring a saucepan half full of water to boil. Remove from plate and set the bowl on top of the saucepan. Whisk vigorously until the mixture becomes white and thick.
5. Spoon out the batter on parchment paper in silver dollar size. Let solidify.
6. Melt chocolate and drizzle on each kiss.
Store in airtight container. If they would happen soften, just put them on a rack overnight and they will become hard and nice again.